Temporary worker visas

Explore Opportunities in the UK with the Temporary Work Visa
At Amicis Legal Services Ltd, we assist foreign nationals in securing a Temporary Work Visa, formerly known as the Tier 5 visa, allowing them to work in the UK for up to 12 months (or more in certain cases). This visa category offers various types, each with unique benefits, such as the option to study and, in some cases, bring family members along. Additionally, you may extend your visa or transition to a different type, like the Skilled Worker visa or family visa.

Types of Temporary Work Visa

  • Charity Worker Visa: For those wishing to undertake voluntary work with a charitable organization. Applicants require a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK charity with a sponsor license, allowing a stay of up to 12 months.
  • Creative Worker Visa: For foreign nationals working in the creative sector, including performers, actors, musicians, and film crew. The Creative Worker Visa replaced the Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting visa (T5) scheme. It requires a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK employer with a sponsor license and allows a stay of 12 months, extendable with the same employer.
  • Government Authorised Exchange Visa: For those engaged in short-term work experiences, training, research, or fellowships under approved government exchange schemes. It replaces the Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange visa (T5) scheme. Duration varies from 12 to 24 months based on the purpose.
  • International Agreement Visa: For foreign nationals involved in contract work covered by international law or treaty. It applies to those working for foreign governments, as private servants in diplomatic households, or providing services under contract. Duration varies from 6 to 24 months based on the specific situation.
  • Religious Worker Visa: For those undertaking religious work in non-pastoral roles or religious orders, allowing a stay of up to 24 months.
  • Seasonal Worker Visa: Designed for those working in edible horticulture, such as fruit and vegetable picking, permitting a stay of up to 6 months.
  • Youth Mobility Scheme Visa: Open to nationals of specific countries aged between 18 and 30, who can live and work in the UK for up to 2 years.
  • Graduate Visa: Available for international students who have completed a UK bachelor’s or postgraduate degree. Successful applicants can stay in the UK for up to 2 years, with many using this visa to secure full-time employment.

Does a Temporary Work Visa require sponsorship?

Not all Temporary Work Visa routes require sponsorship. The Charity Worker, Creative Worker, Government Authorised Exchange, International Agreement, Religious Worker, and Seasonal Worker visas require sponsorship. However, the Youth Mobility Scheme and Graduate visas do not require sponsorship.

Eligibility and Documents Required

Eligibility criteria vary based on the chosen visa type. In general, applicants will need a Certificate of Sponsorship from a recognized organization, sufficient personal savings, and relevant qualifications. 

Contact Us

If you are interested in exploring work opportunities in the UK through a Temporary Work Visa, contact Amicis Legal Services Ltd at info@amicislegal.com. Our experienced immigration solicitors will guide you through the process and help you achieve your goals in the UK.

  • info@amicislegal.com

  • 03316300380